Due to the new explosion of information, many people are looking for new ways to get in touch with others in a written or spoken language. this course is aimed to become leamers linguistically competent in the oral and written form of the technical vocabulary, the functional and structural forms of the english language necessary to have ready access to updated information.
- to provide learnes with all the tools and skills necessary to be linguistically competent.
- to identify grammatical structures necessary to communicate ideas effectively.
- to prepare project based activities in the field of study.
- to become proficient readers and writers in a technical English.
III. COURSE DESCRIPTION:
this course is aimed to provide learnes the appropriate tools to develop the four basic language skills: listening/reading (receptive), speaking/writing (productive) in a specific and academic field. the classes will be interactive and communicative with oral and written tasks. this course is divided into three modules of two and three weeks to complete the program. the following are the topics of each module:
module 1: Word Building
module 2: Reading Technical and Scientific Texts
module 3: Listening to Lectures
Be Discourse Competent.
- Identify essential words when reading.
- Distinguish grammar functions from different contexts.
- Expand vocabulary through workshops.
- Analyze technical texts.
- participate actively in group works.
- Be an active reader.
- Be an outstanding leader.
- Integrating language skills into task sequence
- Problem solving
- Study case
VI. TEACHING RESOURCES:
- Audio visualaids
- White board